Some treatments require an initial consultation, but most can also be directly booked and enjoyed without a prior consultation.
- Facial Rejuvenation Massage -
- 1Hr €60
- Over time dietary & lifestyle choices, tension and expression lines from habitual thoughts and emotions can take their toll on our skin. This treatment encourages the flow of oxygen & nutrients to the skin, stimulates the production of collagen and elastin and frees constrictions within the facial muscles and connective tissue.
Each session begins with relaxation and activation of specific acupressure points on the face. Then massage movements with varying degrees of pressure detect areas of tension and encourage letting go of habitual facial expressions. Smoothing techniques remove dead skin cells and ‘iron out’ fine lines and wrinkles. Deeper techniques release restrictions in the connective tissue of the dermis, lift the underlying facial muscles and encourage the flow of nutrients to skin. The session concludes with lymphatic drainage and scalp massage. Though the treatment is preformed without the use of oils or creams, some rose serum can be applied at this stage. Read More.....
- Abhyanga Massage - Warm Herbal Oil Massage
- 1 Hr €60
According to the Ayurveda aches, pain and stiffness occur when energy is blocked, through this massage blockages are removed enabling the body to come back into harmony, to detoxify and function normally. During this full body massage warm therapeutic oils suited to your unique constitution will be lavishly applied. This flowing massage stimulates blood and lymphatic circulation, strengthens the immune system, nourishes muscles and joints, decongests and detoxifies, and soothes and rejuvenates the nervous system. Treatment concludes with a soothing head and neck massage. For maximum benefit short time in the steam box is recommended afterwards.
- Marma Massage - Pressure Point Massage
- 1Hr 20mins €70
Marma massage is the most direct method of harmonizing prana/energy in the physical body of another person: it has the ability to awaken the healing power. This is a deeply nourishing and grounding treatment; it releases deep seated tension allowing the energies of the body tocome back into harmony.
During this full body massage special emphasis is given to the marma points, pressure points that transmit electro-magnetic energy through all the organs and systems of the body. Using warm therapeutic oils, invigorating strokes will simultaneously awaken and relax the muscles while a more precise pressure stimulates the “marmas” (points throughout the body where nerves, blood, vessels, muscles, ligaments, joints and bones unite).
- Shirodhara - third eye balance and head massage
- 1 Hr 15 mins €70
- This is a great treatment for most ailments but especially those related to the head, nervous and endocrine systems. It has been traditionally shown to help with fatigue, mental exhaustion, depression, stress, anxiety, insomnia, headache and excessive thinking. It restores the nerves, releases stored emotions, and purifies the mind.
In conjunction with a head and neck massage this treatment is administered by gently and methodically pouring warm herbal oil over the forehead and third eye. This continuous flow of oil is profoundly relaxing and calming to the mind, body and spirit. It is one of the most powerful of all the ancient ayurvedic treatments as it touches deep into the spirit and helps us to connect with our soul. Single treatments available though traditionally a course of 7 is recommended.
- Pinda Sweda - warm bolus massage
- 1 Hr €80
Pinda loosens toxins and relieves disorders such as arthritis, emaciation, weakness of muscular functions, paralysis, dry skin, loss of memory, insomnia, stress, anxiety and stiffness of joints, anaemia, obesity, water retention, heaviness and lethargy of body. It is an excellent relief for many imbalances especially those related to bone, joints, muscles and vata disorders.
A heated bolus made from grains, herbs and milk is used to firmly massage the entire body. Like most sweating therapies, pinda sweda helps to awaken cellular memory and facilitate healing through the intense stimulation caused by sweating. In addition to relieving the conditions listed above, pinda sweda will leave you feeling relaxed and blissful. It helps revitalise the entire body, increase energy and mobility, reduce stress and restore appetite and sleep patterns.
- Udvartana - invigorating herbal body treatment
- 1 Hr €60
This treatment is helps to reduce excess weight and water retention by invigorating sluggish lymphatic systems. It helps to eliminate lymphatic toxins out of the body, improve sluggish circulation and digestion. It increases the metabolic rate, balances kapha dosha, helps dissolve fat and exfoliates the skin. Dry herbal powders are used for a full body herbal powder exfoliation, often followed by steam therapy to further stimulate sweating and cleansing.
- Shiro-abhyanga - traditional head, neck and face massage
- 45 Mins €45
- Ideal for tight shoulders, neck strain, busy head, mental tension and for anyone who spends too long in front of a computer! Traditionally treatment starts in a seated position for a vigorous head massage with warm herbal oil that will leave you feeling like your head is weightless and thoughtless.Option of lying down for the head and neck massage, the treatment concludes with a marma point facial which will leave you relaxed and at peace.
- Padabhyangha - stimulating foot massage
- 45 Mins €45
- Excellent for dry, tired and heavy feet. Following a soothing footbath with salts and oils, your feet are treated to a stimulating massage. By stimulating marma points and using appropriate oils the circulation in your feet will improve, leaving them feeling alive and tingling.
- Heart dhara - heart rejuvenation
- 1 Hr €70
- Heart dhara is a deeply nourishing treatment where a dam wall made of dough is placed over the heart region and filled with herbal mixture. It is an effective treatment for any mental stress or emotional imbalance, insomnia, all types of heart disease, heart pain, palpitations and high blood pressure. It balances vata, clears blockages, tonifies cardiovascular function, regulates blood flow and circulation, stimulates release of thoughts and emotional blockages, is calming, grounding and nourishes one’s core being. A warm decoction of medicated herbs, oils and ghee is placed in the dam and sponged soothingly and repeatedly over the heart region. Heart dhara is profound in its sphere of action. Can be done in a series for profound results.
- Nasya - head & sinus treatment with face massage
- 45 Mins €45
All imbalances which manifest as anxiety, mental disorders, physical tension, eye problems, headaches, congestion or sinusitis are eliminated through the nose. This treatment enhances activity of sense organs and nourishes the mucus membranes in the nasal passages, making them more resilient to allergens and irritants.After a facial steam, face massage and marma point stimulation, a few drops of herbal oil will be applied to each nostril and massaged into the sinuses. The nose is the gateway to the head; therefore this is one of the best ways to bring the effects of herbs to the brain and nervous system.
- Netra Basti - eye nourishment
- 1 Hr 15mins €70
- A wonderful treatment for anyone working in front of a computer! It improves vision, reduces pain, puffiness, irritation, roughness, tiredness and dryness around the eyes. It is beneficial for eye strain, sty, optic neuritis, early cataract, macular degeneration and Bell’s palsy.
- A dough ring is placed around the eye and slightly warmed ghee is slowly poured into the ring to cover entire eye until the eyelashes are submerged. The client is then asked to slowly open the eye and to do some gentle eye exercises such as looking left to right, up and down, clockwise and anti-clockwise.
- Kati Basti - spinal rejuvenation
- 1 Hr €60
A very effective treatment for back pain, arthritis, stiffness and other back concerns related to spinal disc problems. Warm medicated herbal oil will be poured and retained within a dough ring that is created around a problem area of the spine, usually lower back. It considerably increases the circulation in the region, as the medicated oil gets deeply absorbed into the skin, and both nourishes and strengthens the muscles and nerves. This will be followed by back massage. The local marma points are also energised. Recommended in a series to reach the desired effect.
- Spinal basti - spinal rejuvenation
- 1 Hr €70
- Similar to kati basti this treatment is a warm oil bath for the entire spinal column. An excellent treatment for any degenerative changes in the spinal column.
- A dough dam that covers the spine from neck to coccyx is filled with warm medicated oil. Recommended in a series to reach the desired effect.