Facial Rejuvenation Massage
Over time dietary & lifestyle choices, tension and expression lines from habitual thoughts and emotions can take their toll on our skin. This treatment encourages the flow of oxygen & nutrients to the skin, stimulates the production of collagen and elastin and frees constrictions within the facial muscles and connective tissue.
Each session begins with relaxation and activation of specific acupressure points on the face. Then massage movements with varying degrees of pressure detect areas of tension and encourage letting go of habitual facial expressions. Smoothing techniques remove dead skin cells and ‘iron out’ fine lines and wrinkles. Deeper techniques release restrictions in the connective tissue of the dermis, lift the underlying facial muscles and encourage the flow of nutrients to skin. The session concludes with lymphatic drainage and scalp massage. Some rose serum can be applied at this stage. The gentle, repetitive and targeted moves induce a rapid relaxation response making this a profoundly relaxing treatment, helping to restore balance to the nervous system.
- Lessens fine and habitual expression lines
- Releases tension form surrounding muscles
- Reduces under-eye bags and puffiness
- Tones and firms facial muscles
- Increases elasticity and improves skin tone
- Enhances supply of nutrients to skin cells and promotes better blood and lymphatic circulation
- Generates a glowing look with brighter and more alert eyes
- Promotes a relaxed, more mobile and youthful appearance
- Relieves stress-related symptoms such as headaches, eyestrain and insomnia
The treatment has been described as a workout for the face that has a deeply relaxing effect on the whole body. Although a difference can usually be seen and felt after one treatment, the effects are cumulative and work best over a course of six sessions, followed by monthly maintenance treatments.